Thursday 15 January 2015

Art Class week 2

Still Life - Tulips


This week I was a bit out of my comfort zone with Indian ink and watercolour.  I normally draw in pencil quite accurately before attempting to paint.  Today we had to draw with a twig dipped in Indian ink without any pencil work first.  When the ink was dry I added watercolour with a brush. My tutor suggested adding the background which I am pleased I did.  I am happy with the result and might just have to go and cut some twigs from the garden to have another go at this method.  Drawing with twigs certainly frees you from trying to draw accurately. Hope you like it too.

Lesley x



2 comments:

  1. I think I would probably have had a heart attack Lesley. My drawing is so out of practise with a pencil. A twig would have pushed me over the edge. But your tulip painting is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi. Somehow it looks better on screen than it does in real life. This is my third year going to the class and I feel a lot more confident now to just have a go and not worry about the outcome. X

      Delete