Another month has flown by and it's time for another design for the ClarityStamp Challenge. This month the theme is Boys Boys Boys.
As usual I have worked on several variations at the same time so the photos don't always tally with the finished card, but I hope you will get some idea of the method used. I chose to use the black/white, simpler version as it shows the stamps better although it turned out more Riverdance than the intended Boy Band.
Stamps: Clarity Characters set, Letterbox Set
Inks: Adirondack Pitch Black, Jet Black Archival
Other: Clarity Coated/Silk Card, Stencil brushes, black pen,
Monochrome version (above)
- Stamp Douglas several times on Clarity Card, some at slight angles. I used first generation ink to get the silhouette really dark, take care not to slip when stamping on silky card.
- Stamp the rest of the crowd below, don't worry about overlapping.
- Create spotlights by using copier paper to mask off in stages and brush very lightly with black ink. Add the stage line with a black pigment liner.
- Cut out, edge with black pen, mount on silver then black card before sticking to white card.
- Stamp 'Boyz' three times, using the Letterbox set, onto white card, cut out, edge in black and stick onto card. (I probably should have done this with masking but I didn't think that far ahead when I started.)
Thought you might like to see some other versions on the same theme.
Stamp Douglas as before but this time "2nd" generation ink. You don't want it too dark because you are going to colour over it.
Using a black pen roughly draw on the outline of suits etc. Add some arms and colour these in with a grey Promarker.
Colour in with Promarkers. Promarkers affect the stamped images slightly. I used this effect to lighten the faces.
Create the spotlights and background as before, this time with Butterscotch, Stream and Egg Plant inks with a few black lines added. Cut out and mount on silver card.
For this version I created the crowd on a different piece of card and brushed on Denim ink to match the backing card before mounting below the Boyz.
Looking forward to seeing all your entries this month and hope I have given you some inspiration.