Saturday 1 August 2015

Claritystamp Challenge - Bingo

Flowers/Stamp/Glitter
This month's theme has definitely been a challenge for me.  I have experimented with loads of different techniques and my rubbish bin has been overflowing but as the deadline quickly approached I decided in the end to keep it simple.

Stamps:    Claritystamp NDC Alice, NDC Round Tree, Leafy Swirl
Inks:          Adirondack Stream, Archival Black, Versamark
Other:       Claritystamp Theuva card, Sizzix Die Flourish #2, Button Die, Perfect Pearls,   Glitter, Sticky labels

  • Die cut some flowers and brush the edges lightly with some Stream ink. 
  • Stamp randomly with the NDC Round Tree, 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation ink.  

  • Stick the flowers together to make 1 flower, I used 2 large and 1 small flower with a die-cut button for the centre. (Sorry, I don't know the make of the button die.) Set aside to dry.
  • Stamp Alice twice onto sticky labels with Archival black. 
  • On the 1st Alice, stamp the Round Tree over her dress, this time with Versamark ink.  Dust with white Perfect Pearls.
  • On the 2nd Alice, colour in her face, hair and body with colour pencils


  • Carefully cut out the dress only on the first Alice and the whole image on the 2nd Alice.
  • Remove the dress from the backing and stick on top of the whole image.
  • Using a mask, I used a die-cut circle, brush Stream ink over the aperture, making it darker at the edges.  Sponge a little bit of ink where you think Alice's shadow will be.
  • Stick Alice in position.





  • With Archival black ink, stamp the Leafy Swirl twice.

    • Cut the card into a square and using left over ink on the brush, lightly colour the edges.
    • Mount on Blue card, and then a square card blank.
    • Attach flower to corner.
    • Let's check the Bingo card.  Flowers, Stamp, Perfect Pearls, Dies. Some Glitter needed to make a diagonal line (and a horizantal one)
    • Add glitter to the Leafy Swirls and centre of the flower and BINGO.
    • There is room to add a greeting at the top but I will leave that until I know who it is going to


    Phew! Just made the deadline.  Now all I need to do is put away the Shrink Plastic, Stencils, Stamps, Grunge Paste, Perfect Pearls, Dies, Glitter etc etc.  It has been a good challenge as it has made me look again at things and techniques I have not used in a while, even if they didn't get used in my final card.  

    Looking forward to seeing all your entries.

    Lesley x





    16 comments:

    1. Lesley love your colour choice what a stunning card.The design it just inspired. xxx

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love this card you have made this is one of my favourite ndc stamps you have used. It's a lovely work of art. Xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Beautiful, Lesley! Great blog too. ;~}

      ReplyDelete
    4. Beautiful, Lesley! Great blog too. ;~}

      ReplyDelete
    5. Beautiful card Lesley, love how you made Alice's dress. x

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is so lovely - I particularly like the Alice stamp (waiting for it to be available as Back Issue!) and the way you've given her a very special dress is great. Clever idea to stamp onto sticky labels instead of having to use glue or sticky tape etc. Thanks for the clear step-by-step - and well done on getting two bingo lines!
      Dawn

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Can't claim the sticky label idea as mine, Barbara used it to demo the Alice stamp for the NDC. It is such a good idea though and I have used it a lot since. Works for small dies too. Thanks for visiting my blog Dawn. Looking forward to seeing your entry for this month. x

        Delete
    7. Oh Lesley I love this the blue sets it off with the swirls and the girls lovely dress xx

      ReplyDelete
    8. This is so pretty Lesley - great blog explaining all the steps you went through. I too love Alice and she looks at home on your artwork. It's great to have a card like this ready for a special occasion. Will be a keeper for the recipient I'm sure! xxx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I did leave this one to the last minute and was panicking somewhat at one stage until I sat back and thought "It's only a card". Alice is such a pretty stamp you can't really go wrong with her. x

      ReplyDelete
    10. ha ha ha ha - this made me laugh - I know exactly where you were coming from with all the "necessary stuff" lol I too struggled to come up with something - to much choice maybe.

      Anyway through it all you have created a lovely card and that was inspired to mix the die cut flowers and the leafy twirl x

      ReplyDelete
    11. Fabulous card Lesley, and a great step by step too. I just love the colours you've chosen, and all the different textures you've created. Wonderful. Xxx

      ReplyDelete
    12. I love this card Lesley! The colours are so lovely. I too love the dress, it looks so sparkly and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the label idea, will have a go at that one. Xx

      ReplyDelete
    13. I do like a good step by step Lesley! What a lovely design. I had totally forgot about sticky labels....thanks for the reminder. I love Alice's dress. Hugs xxxxxx

      ReplyDelete