|Inside of card|
This is a card I made for my grandson Forrest's first birthday in November. This is the inside of the card and it is a 3D pop-up (which doesn't show very well in the photo). Sorry no step-by-step photos for this one.
Dies: Card Scallop 3D(Pop-up) by Sizzix, Large Die Balloons by XCut,
Stamps: Happy Birthday Wooden stamp by Anitas, Letterbox kit by Claritystamp
Ink: Versamark, Archival Black
Other: Embossing Powders various colours, Background papers
- Stick background papers inside card.
- Die cut pop-up frame and balloons in various colour card.
- Attach pop-up frame to the inside of the card with strong glue. I used the strong red double sided sticky tape for this.
- Stick a thread to back of the balloons before attaching them to the top tab of the pop-up. .
- Draw 1 on a balloon and stick to the background paper.
- Using the Letterbox kit, stamp birthday name onto card, cut out and stick to the bottom tab of the pop-up.
- Add a strip of matching red with 'happy birthday' stamped onto it at the base. Not sure of the make of this stamp.
|Front of card|
- I kept the front of the card very simple. Stamped 'Happy Birthday' block stamp in Versamark and sprinkled with various coloured embossing powders before heat embossing. The spare powders can go back into a little pot for a new mix of colour.
- Edge with a Sharpie pen and then mount on red card also edged with black pen.
This was a bit of a change in style for me, but I don't have many stamps suitable for young children's birthday cards. Creating the pop-up was quite fun and really easy using the Pop-up die.