Another example for this month's Clarity Challenge 'Say it with flowers'. For inspiration I got out all my NDC flower stamps but couldn't make my mind up which ones to use so in the end I just used all of them! I hope my card will remind you of some of the wonderful flower stamps and inspire you to enter this month's challenge.
Stamps: Clarity NDC 67 Lupin, 71 Pear Branch, 72 Mistletoe Sprig, 77 Cow Parsley, 82 Cherries, 84 Rose, 89 Edelweiss, 93 Lady's Mantle, 95 Flower stem, 99 Daisies, 101 Agapanthus, 104 Potted plant, 109 Acorns. (Put NDC in the Search box on the Clarity site and you will find all of these and more)
Stencil: Wonky Boxes
Inks: Adirondack Lettuce, Butterscotch, Peach Bellini, Pitch Black
Other: Clarity stencil brushes, Black pen, Spectrum Noir pencils
Sorry no step-by-step photos for this one
- Fix stencil to card at top to make a hinge and then brush on colours until you are happy with the result. You can lift the stencil to have a peek.
- Use a makeup sponge to wipe the ink off the stencil and define the edges.
- Using copier paper to mask the edges, stamp a flower into a box.
- Press hard because of the stencil. Any little bits missed can be added later with a black pen ("How do I know this?")
- I used a dye based ink because I didn't want to stain my stencil.
- Put some scrap paper between the art work and stencil and with a dry cloth wipe the stencil clean.
- Repeat until all the wonky boxes are filled.
- Remove the stencil and draw wiggly lines around the boxes.
- Colour in flowers with pencils.
- Cut around artwork with wiggly scissors and mount on yellow paper.
- Fix to card blank and write on sentiment. (All my sentiment stamps were too big for my gap)
We would love to see more entries this year so why don't you have a go. Entry is free and you might be the lucky one to be picked at random to win the £50 Clarity voucher.