Sunday 10 January 2016

New Baby Card



I got the best ever Christmas present this year.  Christmas Eve saw the arrival of my first Granddaughter and this is the card I made for my daughter and son-in-law. This is their third child the other two being boys and I have tried to represent their growing family with the bear stamps.


The stamps I have used are some very old rubber foam backed ones plus some of my own design.
(a) Mum, two boys and baby from a set of Teddy bear stamps.  I can't remember the maker.
(b) Pram was a Freebie stamp from CraftStamper magazine (May 2008).
(c) Dad from a set of bear stamps I drew and made with my Tessa Collins Stampmaker kit. This was a Christmas present a couple of years ago and I must start using it more.


It is only when you go back to using wood or foam backed stamps that you realise how much easier it is to position clear stamps.   The photo above shows some of my scrap paper where I was trying to get the bears in the right places.  I did  manage it in the end but it took a lot of time and effort.  (Many thanks to Barbara Gray and her moment of clarity in coming up with the idea of clear stamps.)



Lesley x

No comments:

Post a Comment