Lots of Clarity stencils and stamps can be used for this month's challenge, Love, so if you haven't made those Valentine cards yet or maybe there is a family wedding coming up this is the perfect opportunity to get all loved up.
Stencils: Leafy Swirl
Inks: Archival Black, Adirondack Red Pepper, Tim Holz Old Paper
Other: Claritystamp Theuva card, Stencils brushes, Spectrum Noir colouring pencils, black pen
- Make masks for the Birds. Don't worry about the very intricate bits.
- To help you align the stamps draw a central vertical line lightly in pencil.
- With black archival ink stamp the Birds and then cover with the masks.
- Under the Birds, stamp the Corner twice using some copier paper to mask the very ends of the top corners to shorten them.
- Stamp Love underneath and then the Corners again below this to complete the perch.
- Rub out the pencil line but leaving the Bird masks on brush Old Paper over the card.
- Using Adirondack Red Pepper brush ink around the edges, leaving a vague oval shape around the birds. Go back over with these two colours until you are happy with the depth of colour. I chose these colours to go with the Gelli print I had already chosen to use as a backing paper.
- Cut to size and then go around the edges with a black Sharpie pen.
- Mount on a Gelli print and then a blank card. My print was made using the Leafy swirl stencil.
- Remove the masks from the Birds and colour in with Spectrum Noir pencils.
- At this point I realised I had stamped my Birds too high so I extended the corner stamp using a black pen to make a perch.
- Finally couldn't resist a doodled heart above the Birds.
The Claritystamp Challenge is open to all abilities so have a go and you might be the lucky winner of a £50 Claritystamp voucher. The winner is picked at random so everyone has the same chance of winning. We love looking at all your entries each month.