Monday 14 March 2016

Claritystamp Challenge - It's all about the Girls 2


Can it be halfway through the month again already.  Here is another card I made for this month's Claritystamp Challenge. If you haven't entered yet there is still plenty of time as the challenge runs until the end of the month.

If you visited here at the beginning of the month, you might remember I mentioned making a card using scraps from my Gelli-print session. Sorry, no photos for this one but it is very simple so doesn't really need them.

Stencils:  Claritystamp Umbrella Girls
Ink:         Archival black
Other:      Spectrum Noir pencils, black pens, Computer printed sentiment

  • The background paper is a sheet copier paper that I used to clean my brayer on during the Gelli-print session with my new fluorescent paints. It is even brighter in real life.
  • Using a makeup sponge and black ink, first sponge through the mother stencil.  Then re-position the stencil and sponge through the daughter. (I see them as mother and daughter)
  • Clean your stencil before the ink stains.  
  • Using white and  black colouring pencils add shadow and light to the figures and umbrellas to give them depth. Then add some shadows on the pavement and the falling rain.
  • With a black pen I drew some more substantial shoes on the mother as I thought her others were a bit flimsy for all that rain.
  • Trim, edge in black then mount on card.
  • As I didn't have an appropriate sentiment stamp I printed one out.   

Thanks for dropping in, and if you haven't entered yet, 

Get Crafting.

Lesley x

3 comments: