I've been really busy here this month. In the process of buying and selling a house, so forgive me if I have been a bit distracted. This is my offering for the mid-month reminder for the Claritystamp Challenge Anything Goes. No step-by-step photos for this one I'm afraid, but fairly straightforward.
Stamp: Claritystamp NDC #102 Alice
Stencil: NDSC #22
Inks: Archival Watering Can
Other: Watercolour paper, masking fluid, Brushos, White sticky labels, Spectrum Noir pencils
- Stamp Alice with Archival Watering Can ink onto watercolour paper.
- Cover Alice with masking fluid and also use the fluid to make a sun.
- When the masking fluid is fully dry, tape the stencil to the paper.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of the Brushos onto the card. I tried to place the colours to make grass, leaves and sky.
- Lightly spray with water. I sprayed a bit too much at the bottom and the colour ran under the stencil but I quite like the effect.
- Lift the stencil off and dry the artwork with a heat gun or just leave to dry if you are more patient than me.
- Remove the masking fluid.
- I started colouring in her dress with watercolour markers. Not a good idea as the Brushos re-activated and bled round the edges. So I stamped Alice again on a label, coloured in the dress, this time with pencils, cut around the dress and stuck this over the one I had messed up.
- Finish colouring Alice and the sun with pencils.
- Cut a circle in a blank card and stick the artwork behind this.
- Finish off with some Faux stitching.
If you feel inspired to enter this month's challenge pop along to the Claritystamp Challenge blog. Looking forward to all your entries.