Sunday 15 May 2016

Claritystamp Challenge - Anything Goes #2


I've been really busy here this month.  In the process of buying and selling a house, so forgive me if I have been a bit distracted.  This is my offering for the mid-month reminder for the Claritystamp Challenge Anything Goes.  No step-by-step photos for this one I'm afraid, but fairly straightforward.

Stamp: Claritystamp NDC #102 Alice
Stencil: NDSC #22 
Inks:     Archival Watering Can
Other:   Watercolour paper, masking fluid, Brushos, White sticky labels, Spectrum Noir pencils

  • Stamp Alice with Archival Watering Can ink onto watercolour paper.
  • Cover Alice with masking fluid and also use the fluid to make a sun.
  • When the masking fluid is fully dry, tape the stencil to the paper.
  • Sprinkle a very small amount of the Brushos onto the card. I tried to place the colours to make grass, leaves and sky.
  • Lightly spray with water. I sprayed a bit too much at the bottom and the colour ran under the stencil but I quite like the effect.
  • Lift the stencil off and dry the artwork with a heat gun or just leave to dry if you are more patient than me.
  • Remove the masking fluid.
  • I started colouring in her dress with watercolour markers.  Not a good idea as the Brushos re-activated and bled round the edges.  So I stamped Alice again on a label, coloured in the dress, this time with pencils, cut around the dress and stuck this over the one I had messed up.
  • Finish colouring Alice and the sun with pencils.  
  • Cut a circle in a blank card and stick the artwork behind this.
  • Finish off with some Faux stitching.
If you feel inspired to enter this month's challenge pop along to the Claritystamp Challenge blog.  Looking forward to all your entries.

Lesley x





5 comments:

  1. Fantastic Brusho work, Lesley and a perfect way to display the NDC stencil. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the work you have put into this and the background. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Shelagh and Carol. I must remember to wear gloves next time I use Brushos as I ended up with coloured fingers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, have a funny story re coloured fingers. When teaching for the Forces in Brunei, I had an 'assistant' to help with my after school craft club days, called Sam. We were experimenting with cold water dyes on watercolour paper one day and at the end, complete with virulent purple/orange/pink hands, she stated it would be an interesting talking point at the British High Commission that evening as she was accompanying her husband ( a very senior officer) to welcome a visiting head of state! She thought it a hoot; Inwas mortified!! ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam sounds like she was a lot of fun. You have lived such an interesting life Shelagh. x

      Delete