Leaving it a bit late but finally got round to completing my entry for this month's Claritystamp Challenge. I have been frantically but unsuccessfully trying to remember where I might have put my camera battery charger since moving house last year. In the end I had to resort to borrowing my husbands camera which I am not used to, so apologies for blurry pics.
Stamp: Claritystamp Cockerel and Hen set
Ink: Archival Black
Other: Colouring pencils and black pen
- For the background I brayered some yellow and red ink onto my Gelli plate and took a print. Make two so you have one to mount onto as well.
- Straighten out the 'Cock-a- Doodle' stamp on an acrylic block and stamp it four times to make a border. (Keep an eye on the first C. It kept wanting to bend back, as you can see from my stamping at the bottom of the card)
- Stamp the Cockerel inside the frame.
- Lightly pencil in the sun and frame and then go over with a black pen.
- Doodle patterns inside the black lines then rub out any pencil marks.
- You could stop at this stage ......
- ...but I carried on and added some shading with colouring pencils. The only ones I had at hand were children's ones that I leave out for the grandchildren but they still blended quite well.
- Trim, mount onto red card and then onto another Gelli background. There is some patterning made with scrunched up copier paper on the Gelli prints but it doesn't show up in the photos.