Sunday 28 May 2017

Claritystamp Challenge - Up in the Air


I started this canvas way back at the beginning of the month when the challenge was first announced but it has taken me until today to finally finish it by adding a bit of text. No step-by-step for this one, and I'm not even sure if I can remember what I did, but the good news is that I have found the battery charger for my camera so maybe more pictures for my next entry.

Stamps:  Letterbox Stamp set
Inks:       Archival Black    
Other:     Canvas board, Acrylic paint, Sharpie pens, gold Stickles

As far as I can remember, I started by painting on the background colour and then stenciled the Oriental vine in shades of blue. I used the Magpie stencils, both inner and outer bits, to stencil the birds and then went over with paint to tidy up and to extend the branches. The gold was added to the darker leaves using Stickles. Then I ran out of inspiration so it sat on the sideboard for three weeks.  With only a few days to go I decided I had better get it finished and played around with some text.  The 'Magpie' has been stamped using the Letterbox set and I wrote the verse using Sharpie pens.  Still think it is missing something but it will have to do for now. 

Hope you like

Lesley x



2 comments: