Thursday 16 July 2015

Birthday Boy


Playing around with this month's NDSC Claritystamp stencil I thought it would make a simple card for my grandson's birthday.  I don't have many stamps/stencils that suit a children's card but I think this one works quite well.  

Stamps:     Claritystamp Happy Birthday, Hobbycraft Floral Numbers (both inside card) 
Stencils:    Claritystamp NDSC 14 Elephant
Inks:          Adirondack Butterscotch, Stream, Raspberry, Jet black Archival, VersaMark Watermark 
Other:        Stencil brushes, Heat-It-Up clear embossing powder, black pen, Birthday badge


  • For the background lightly brush on a mixture of three bright coloured inks.
  • Tape stencil to card and using the same colours add darker colour to the elephant with sponges.  Wipe excess ink from the stencil then dab the Versamark ink pad through the stencil.  Remove stencil and heat emboss with clear powder. 
  • For the balloons make two circle stencils. (I used my Bigshot and some circle dies) Using same method as the elephant add colours and heat emboss balloons one at a time.  Notice my mistake?
  • Add strings to the balloons with black pen.
  • Inside card (not shown) stamp Happy 2nd Birthday.  I have cut my 'Happy Birthday' stamp into two separate words to make it more versatile. 
  • Stick on badge with pads.  Because the balloons are embossed it doesn't mark them when the badge is taken off.
Did you spot the mistake? My large balloon which is supposed to be at the front goes behind a smaller one. Start with the large balloon to avoid this.  I don't think my grandson will notice, he is only two.

Lesley x


2 comments:

  1. A very creative and clever card. Nope, your wee grandson won't notice the mistake and nor did I? Loving the colours and the elephant stencil with the balloons x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Mac. My grandson was more interested in his presents than his cards but we spent a great day with my daughter and her family. X

      Delete