Monday 18 January 2021

Pirate Wren

A series of paintings of my grandson Wren dressed up as a pirate. Trying to look at different styles. Painted in acrylics over the last year. (not been here for a while so will have to try and remember how to use blogger)


This was supposed to be in the style of Tamara de Lempicka.  I love the way she painted fabric so I focused on the coat. Didn't really get her style right. 


This time Monet. My favourite and completed in one session.


Matisse.  Wren's favourite, although his sister says he looks like a girl.


Combining bits of the previous three paintings. The pose from the first, the smile from the second and on Wren's advice the red scarf and the earing from the third.


And finally just a bit of fun. A quick Picasso/Matisse using metallic paint pens. Time to do a different subject methinks.

Lesley x





My original Photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment